Our Qatar-based Client is a progressive and well-known group of companies with various business interests. They are seeking to appoint an experienced In-House Legal Counsel to support the next exciting stage of growth as they expand into new jurisdictions and products.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic, exciting, and fast-paced environment reporting to a down to earth, ambitious, curious and entrepreneurial Chairman to provide the group with quality, accurate and relevant advice on the whole spectrum of legal matters.
- Providing accurate, relevant, and timely advice to the Chairman on a variety of legal topics that relate to the business sector and the group’s products and services.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating various commercial contracts and agreements.
- Managing and mitigating legal risks by designing and implementing company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with all local and some international laws and regulations that apply to the business.
- Promoting legal, compliance and risk management best practice throughout the company.
- Communicating with and managing any third-party bodies such as external counsel or auditors.
- Designing and delivering legal training to the business.
- Staying up to date with changes to legislation, particularly in relation to laws, rules and regulations that directly affect the group.
- Demonstrates a commercial mindset and business acumen.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of commercial and corporate law.
- At least 5 years PQE working experience as a commercial lawyer working in-house or in a leading law firm.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiating and drafting skills.
- Can build and maintain strong professional relationships across the business.
- Has the ability to communicate complex legal issues and risks in terms that non-legal colleagues can understand.
- Able to work in a highly autonomous role.
A competitive salary and benefits package is available
Register your interest
Apply with your up to date CV in Word format
All applications are dealt with in the strictest confidence. HCP Group is one of the foremost recruitment consultancies working across the Middle East in several sectors including Legal.